Monday, December 9, 2013

Quick Hits news


 


At the prestigious Eddie Herr International Junior Tennis Championships where past champions have included Andy Roddick, David Nalbandian and Ana Ivanovic, the winners was decided. In the girls it was Latvia’s Jelena Ostapenko who beat top seed Varvara Flink 75 36 64. Ostapenko has also had a good pro circuit this year with winning two ITF $10,000 tournaments in Helsingborg and Helsinki. Meanwhile in the boys it was victory for poland's kamil Majchrzak who battled to a 76(4) 67(4) 76(5) over Russian Andrey Rublev who won a future tournament last month in America.



RafterMeanwhile at the Masters Tournament in London two times US open champion Pat Rafter eased to a 6-3 6-1 win over home favourite Tim Henman. In a interview with atpworldtour.com he said:-"That's the best tennis that I've played since I've been doing these events," said Rafter. "I feel like I found something in my game, which is weird at 40 years of age. I feel like I'm actually still working on things.
"I've enjoyed it. I always love being in London with the family and the kids at this time of year. it's been a great week for me.
"I love winning! I think it's important that the crowd knows that too. That's what it's all about. Having a go and trying your hardest. You have fun, but it's still really competitive." 

 


Over the weekend at the Gimnasia y Esgrima In Argentina. In front of 15,000 people Juan Martin Del Potro beat Aussie veteran Lleyton Hewitt 63 76(3) in a exhibition match. Quoting the-slice.com Del Potro said after the match:-
It makes me happy to be here, receive the love and thanks for providing a beautiful setting for this show,”

Videos of the day - Does this guy look like Roger federer? Well a lot of Chineasepeople think so. Also a BBC interview with a 14 year old Andy Murray.

No comments:

Post a Comment